June 1, 2019
What is this document?
This policy is a part of the League Buddy member agreement, and it controls over any conflicts with that agreement. Please read this policy carefully. By visiting, joining, or using League Buddy, or otherwise indicating that you agree to this policy, you consent to and authorize our using your personal information as described in this policy. If you don’t consent to us using your information as described, please stop using League Buddy and, if you are a member, delete your account. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Who or what is League Buddy?
League Buddy is a website for sports leagues and their members. It is intended to help organize and manage sports leagues. We use “League Buddy” here to refer to the LeagueBuddy.ca website (also referred to as our “Services”) that provide you with access to that platform. We also use “League Buddy” to refer to the company operating our Services.
What are League Buddy’s rules and expectations about member privacy and information?
League Buddy can be a great way for sports leagues to register and communicate with their members, as well as schedule games and player availability. As such, we have some rules and expectations about member information and privacy:
- Don’t share your personal account username / password with someone else. If you do, you risk having an unauthorized party accessing your account. You also risk violating the terms of service if you allow someone else to benefit from your membership.
- Don’t gather information from League Buddy, either manually or using automation (such as through scripts, robots, crawlers or spiders).
- We will never sell or rent your personal information to third parties. The only third party that has access to your data is your sports league.
- Violating any of the above or other aspects of the League Buddy Member Agreement may lead to a loss of account privileges, potentially including a permanent ban from League Buddy.
What information does League Buddy collect, and how?
League Buddy collects information a few different ways:
- We collect information from you, when you give it to us directly, or when provided by your sports league. For example, when you register for League Buddy, you voluntarily provide your name, address, email address, and similar information. When a sports league begins using League Buddy for the first time, they may load all the data for current members into the system, thereby creating and populating your account for you.
- Once registered, you will fill out your profile, and provide contact information, communication preferences, personal demographics and sports profile.
- Your credit card information is not stored by League Buddy, other than the type of card and the last 4 digits of the card number, which is used to help identify the transaction in the event that there is a dispute with the credit card processor.
- We collect information from your browser, computer, or mobile device, which provide us with technical information when you use League Buddy as a visitor or member. Like nearly every other online service, we automatically collect technical information created when you visit or use League Buddy or read a message from us, including:
- Device data, which tells us about the device you’re using: what type and model it is, its operating system and version, its unique identifier, crash data (if applicable), and what settings you’ve enabled. Your device and software settings affect what information your device makes available to us.
- Log data, which is automatically recorded by our servers based on data sent by your app or browser. This typically includes the date and time you visited, the browser or app version you used (and its settings), the URLs you came from and go to, your IP address and protocol, and how you used League Buddy (for example, which links you clicked on).
- Cookie data, which comes from “cookies” (small data files stored on your computer or mobile device) and similar technologies. Cookie data helps us recognize you, remember your preferences, and learn more about you; some, but not all, cookie data is associated with your League Buddy account. You can configure your browser to reject cookies, but doing so will prevent you from logging into our website.
How do we use the information we collect?
The information collected is used by your sports league to offer a well-organized league.
League Buddy will use the data collected at an aggregate level to determine bandwidth and service requirements to operate the website. Also, it can use anonymous statistics about number of members, membership growth, communication types, etc. in order to market League Buddy to other leagues.
We use information to operate League Buddy and to improve our products and features:
- To understand the aggregate demographics of the members and leagues we serve.
- To respond to your support requests and comments.
- To test and evaluate potential new products and features on League Buddy.
- To diagnose and resolve problems, analyze trends, and monitor aggregate usage and resource needs.
What else should you understand about your information and League Buddy?
Account Security. League Buddy uses technical and organizational measures intended to keep your data secure, including using https on our web pages to reduce the risk of unauthorized interception of your communications during your visits to the website. However, the internet is not a fully secure environment and we cannot guarantee that your personal information won't be intercepted or improperly accessed. Please ensure that you keep your password safe and do not share it with anyone.
Accessing Your Information. You can access much of your League Buddy information by logging into your League Buddy account.
You can email us at info [at] LeagueBuddy.ca